In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("the Act") and its subsidiary legislations, this Thunder Match Customer Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is issued to all our valued customers, prospective customers, users of our digital application, visitors of our website(s) and visitors of retail outlets. This Notice specifies the Personal Data we collect and for which purpose, how we collect your Personal Data, to whom we disclose your Personal Data, as well as your rights with regards to your Personal Data.
For the purposes of this Notice:
(a) “Thunder Match”, “we”, “our” or “us” refers to Thunder Match Technology Sdn Bhd (541512-U), its subsidiary(ies), and its associated company(ies);
(b) “You” or “your” refers to our valued customers, prospective customers, users of our digital application, visitors of our website(s) and retail outlets;
(c) “Personal Data” or “data” refers to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, who is identified or identifiable from that information, as laid out in the Act.
1. Description of Personal Data
1.1 We may collect the following Personal Data from you:
Categories of Data
Personal identification and contact information
Name, birth date, title, gender, birth, nationality, identification number including passport, email address, phone number, mobile number, alternative phone number, home address, and emergency contact information.
Creation of account and login information
Login details (including password) and other information used to access or secure our website, digital application, or system.
Network traffic and any other related data
IP address, cookies, web beacons, identification numbers, location data, online identifiers, device identification details, and language settings.
Debit or credit card information, bank account details, billing address and payment history.
Data obtained from internal and external communications
Emails, records of communication through bots, messaging tools and/or other mobile communications including specified queue number, product code and reference number of our customer relations and queries form.
Preferences in receiving information from and interacting in connection with our services or products, such as whether you would like to subscribe to Thunder Match’s email newsletters.
Images captured by our closed-circuit televisions (CCTV) footage when you visit our retail outlets, branches or offices, information recorded by our reception when you visit our retail outlets, branches or offices, or any other information required for our security measures.
Usage data or information
Your usage of our services or products, and any data that you provide us or authorize through the services or products.
Any other data you shared with us
Testimony or feedback, opinions, reviews, comments, any information you may share with us on our social media platform, internal communication platforms, websites or our digital application(s).
2.1 We may collect your data directly from you when:
(a) you create an account, register with us and/or submit any form to benefit from our services or products including registration forms, application forms, contest forms, participation forms, products services forms or customer checklists, signing up forms and other forms, either in electronic or physical form, in relation to TMT by Thunder Match, Thunder by Thunder Match, Customer Information Card, TMT membership form;
(b) you disclose your Personal Data through any form of communication such as face-to-face meetings, email messages, or telephone conversations with our team;
(c) you volunteer and consent to participate in any research conducted by us;
(d) you sign up for our marketing and promotional communications and/or any initiatives;
(e) you provide your testimony or feedback, comments, questions, ratings and reviews on our website, social media or to our customer service officers;
(f) you interact or communicate with us via our websites or on social media channels, pages, promotions and/or blogs;
(g) you contact us and/or enter into an agreement with us;
(h) you provide us with your name cards or business cards; and/or
(i) you provide us with any identity materials and/or business directory and listing that you have subscribed to;
(j) you make available your Personal Data to us for any other reason in connection with your relationship with us through the course of provision of services or products by us.
2.2 We may also collect your data indirectly through other sources such as:
(a) when we seek and receive your data in connection with your relationship with us (including for our products and services);
(b) if you act as an intermediary or are supplying us with information regarding a third-party/other individual (such as a relative or family member, friend, a colleague, an employee etc.). You undertake that you have obtained all necessary consents from such third-party/other individual for processing of their Personal Data by us; and/or
(c) any other information which we may lawfully collect from other sources in connection with your relationship with us.
2.3 Personal Data of Minors
Our website is not designed or intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data on this website from anyone under the age of 18 without the prior consent of a parent or guardian. Such parent or guardian may have the right, upon request, to view the information provided by the child and require that it be deleted. Further, all minors should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any Personal Data on our website.
3.1 We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes (“Purposes”):-
Provision of products and services
Your data may be used to:
· conclude and execute the agreement in relation to your purchase our products and/or delivery of our services, whether present or future, including maintaining your TMT by Thunder Match membership account with us, verifying your identity as our customer, processing your request for the repair and support services, and delivery of our products to you;
· communicate with you and deliver information including, e-mail, telephone call, text message, online social media and other telecommunication means in relation to our products and services, or in response to your feedback and enquiries to our products and services;
· process your payments under the agreement, including collection of outstanding payments from you;
· delivery of any form, notice or other documents to you;
· conduct customer relationship management procedures or activities as we deem fit and necessary;
· as and when necessary, perform our obligations incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the purchase of our products and/or delivery of our services.
Internal record and marketing
Your data may be used for:
· business process execution and internal management and control;
· direct marketing or marketing purposes for our products and services whether present or future, including issuance of vouchers, schemes, and/or programs which are beneficial to you where the list of third parties we disclose your Personal Data to for the purposes of direct marketing will be made available to you upon request;;
· internal record keeping, including for the purpose of administration, auditing, data analysis, research, benchmarking and/or statistical analysis;
· processing of your application, requests, enquiries, and/or participation, in any of our, activities, contests whether online or offline, deals, events, marketing campaign, promotions, polls, surveys, training programs;
· verification of your identity as winner of our contests or deals;
· processing of your registration of interest in engaging our services;
· management of investor relations;
· external communications, interactions with authorised service providers;
· government and legal affairs;
· alliances, ventures, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures;
· intellectual property and standards management;
· any other activity related or incidental to the Purposes set out above.
Fraud prevention and security
Your data may be used to:
· verify your identity when you request access to your account and for general account management purposes;
· protect and prevent your account from unauthorized access, fraud, misuse, or damage to our services;
· prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud, and potential threats to our services or products;
· to protect our and/or your data in relation to life, death and/or security, which may be deemed as our and/or your vital interests; and/or
· detect and stop cyber security threats to our internal systems and services.
Compliance purposes and other related purposes
Your data may be used:
· for the prevention, hindrance and/or reporting of any crime including to fraud, bribery and/or money laundering;
· to investigate and resolve any issues or disputes you have with us, including to defend claims made against, or otherwise involving us;
· for the administration of justice;
· for the exercise of any functions required or permitted by or under any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities; and/or
· to fulfil any other related or incidental purpose in order to operate, maintain and better manage the provision of our websites, digital application, products and/or services to you;
· for disclosure under the requirements of any applicable laws, regulations, directions, court orders, orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars, codes applicable to us or any subsidiary, associated, related companies of Thunder Match.
4. Supply of Personal Data
4.1 You are obligated to supply Personal Data to us that is correct, up-to-date and accurate. Your supply of Personal Data to us and our processing of your Personal Data is critical and compulsory in order for us to carry out our contractual obligations. If you fail to supply us with the required information or Personal Data or if the Personal Data is insufficient or not satisfactory to us, we may not be able to carry out our contractual obligations or our inability to supply and/or our products and services to you. All relationships created or to be created between us shall then be terminated and ceased to be in effect immediately.
4.2 In the event that you choose to withhold, withdraw or limit consent for us to process your Personal Data, we may not be able to continue our commercial relationship with you and/or we reserve the right to reject your application to be our customer, and your access to our website or digital application may be denied.
4.3 Where we are required to obtain your information which qualifies as Sensitive Personal Data, we will obtain your prior consent, except where the collection of such data is necessary to the extent permitted by law.
5. Class of Third Parties
5.1 We may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties for the Purposes specified in Item 3 of this Notice:
(a) our associated, subsidiary, related companies of Thunder Match;
(b) our outsourced third-party service providers or product providers as we deem necessary or appropriate including outsourced data processing company, direct marketing service provider, logistics service providers, web developer where the list of third parties we disclose your Personal Data is available from us upon request;
(c) our business partners including business affiliates or merchant that provide or deal in general with our services or products in connection with our services and products;
(d) our marketing and advertising partners to provide you with more tailored content and better services;
(e) our auditors, business consultants, accountants, lawyers or other professional advisers and/or consultants as we deem necessary and appropriate;
(f) any other party if it is reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers;
(g) any person to whom we are compelled to or required under law or in response to a local or state or federal authority, industry regulator, enforcement agency, statutory authority, court of laws, tribunal, arbitration centre, commission or council or association legally authorized by law;
(h) other organisations: If our company is reorganised or sold to another organisation, we will provide your information to that organisation.
5.2 In sharing your Personal Data, we will take steps to ensure that the recipient will protect your privacy and process your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law and this Notice.
6. International Data Transfer
6.1 We may transfer your Personal Data to (or accessed by) our affiliates and authorised external parties from various countries around the world in order for us fulfil the Purposes described in Item 3 of this Notice, which may have data protection related laws and rules that are different from those of Malaysia where you consent to said transfer.
6.2 Where your Personal Data has been transferred to any subsidiary, affiliate, or associated company of Thunder Match and/or to third parties located outside of Malaysia, we will use reasonable effort to ensure that the parties receiving this information will have or put in place organizational, contractual and legal measures and with adequate levels of protection implemented as well as compliance with any additional local legal requirements to safeguard your Personal Data.
7. Retention of Personal Data
7.1 Your data will be retained only for as long as the information is necessary for the purposes to which it was collected and processed, or to comply with any legal, regulatory or internal procedures of Thunder Match. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is permanently destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the Purpose for which it was collected and processed.
8. Data Security
8.1 To ensure security of your Personal Data, we take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data. Additionally, we have implemented physical, technical and organisational measures to prevent risks such as destruction, loss, misuse, alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to your Personal Data, subject to the cost of implementation and the nature of data/information to be protected.
8.2 If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact through the details provided under Item 11 below.
9. Your Rights
9.1 With respect to the processing of your Personal Data, you are afforded the rights to:
(a) Request access to Personal Data
Subject to our rights of refusal under the Act, you are entitled to request access to your Personal Data that is processed by us with reasonable notice by contacting us.
(b) Request correction of Personal Data
Subject to our rights of refusal under the Act, you are entitled to request the correction of your Personal Data that is held by that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date with reasonable notice by contacting us.
(c) Limit or withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Data
You are entitled to limit our processing of your Personal Data by expressly withdrawing in full your consent given previously including for us to send any advertising and marketing materials or for direct marketing purposes subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and within a reasonable time period.
9.2 In the event you withdraw your consent for direct marketing, we will stop processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, however we may still send you non-marketing and promotional communications that relate to the products and/or services which you subscribed for.
9.3 To exercise your rights, please contact us via the contact details provided below in Item 11.
10. Updates to the Privacy Notice
10.1 We reserve the right to amend, modify, vary or update this Notice, at our sole discretion from time to time, as and when the need arises. Any changes will be published on our website where it is your sole responsibility to continuously check for updates. Your continued use of our services indicates your acknowledgement and acceptance of the updated Notice.
11. Contact Information
11.1 If you would like to know more about our processing of your Personal Data, you may contact the following relevant department:
Designation: Customer Service Department
Telephone No: (+603) 2022 5532
Email Address: [email protected]
Postal Address: H-G-5 & H-G-6, Connaught Avenue, No. 38, Jalan 9, Taman Bukit Cheras, 56000 Kuala Lumpur
12. Version info
12.1 This notice was published and last updated on 17 MAY 2023
13.1 In accordance with the requirement of Malaysian data protection and privacy law, this Notice is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.